MADD Yarmouth was founded in 2004 to raise awareness, and support victims, of impaired driving.
Each and every year, thousands of Canadians are killed or injured in impaired driving crashes. Driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs is a terrible crime that touches all our lives. It is an irresponsible, dangerous and intolerable act. MADD Canada strives to offers support services to victims/survivors, heighten awareness about the dangers of alcohol and/or drug-impaired driving, and to save lives and prevent injuries on our roads.
At the heart of MADD Canada are our volunteers; they include not only mothers, but fathers, friends, business professionals, experts in the anti-impaired driving field and concerned citizens who want to make a difference in the fight against impaired driving.
If you need help, or would like to join MADD Canada’s efforts, call our toll free line at 1-800-665-6233.
MADD Canada works to achieve its mission on a number of fronts:
- Victim/Survivor Services – Comprehensive program of support and resources for individuals who have lost a loved one or suffered a serious injury as a result of an impaired-driving crash.
- Youth Services – Specialized programming for elementary and high school students to educate them about the dangers of mixing alcohol and/or drugs with driving.
- Public Awareness and Education – Campaigns to reach out to the public about the dangers of impaired driving and how they can help improve safety on our roads, waterways and trails.
- Public Policy – Promotion of legislative best practices in impaired driving countermeasures, at both the federal and provincial/territorial levels, to address the impaired driving problem in Canada.
- Technology – Partnering with international traffic safety organizations, automobile manufacturers and technology companies to explore technological solutions to stop impaired driving.
For more information about MADD Canada, please see the FAQ page.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD Canada) is a Registered Canadian Charitable Organization (Reg. No. 13907 2060 RR0001) which is volunteer-driven. The organization has a National Board of Directors representing membership from all regions of Canada. MADD Canada’s National Office is located in Oakville, Ontario. The National Office can be reached at: 1-800-665-6233 (toll free).