Updating the Chapter/CL address, phone number, or email address in the site header (top right of every webpage)
- Once you’ve logged into your site, go to Appearance > Customize. This opens the customizer menu on the left and a preview of your site on the right.
- Click on Header.
- Click on General.
- Scroll down to the Header Aside Content section.
- Edit the address, phone number, or email address as needed. (You can see your changes in the preview pane on the right.) See notes below.
- Click the blue Publish button at the top of the customizer to publish the changes.
- Click the X in the upper left corner to exit out of the customizer.
- Refresh one of the pages on the front end of your site to make sure the updates look right.
- Remember to also change your contact info on your Contact Us and Giving pages. See Introduction to Editing a Page.
NOTE: Keep the <br> codes where they are; they add the line breaks.
NOTE: If you need to update the email address, make sure to change it in both places in the code (highlighted below):
123 Main St., Shelbyville, Canada A1B 2C3<br>1-800-665-6233 ext. 9999<br><a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org“>email@example.com</a>
NOTE: If your Chapter/CL email address has changed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update your email address for the online Member/Volunteer Application form. This is the email address that the form submissions go to when someone wants to volunteer with or become a member of your Chapter/CL. We don’t want you to miss hearing from any potential volunteers!