Adding an Event
When you add an event to your website, it automatically shows up in two places:
- on the Events Calendar page (under News & Events in the menu) and
- on the bottom right of the Homepage (if your homepage has been set up this way)
To add an event, DON’T add it to the Events Calendar page directly. Instead create a new Events post and it will automatically show up on the Events Calendar page and on the Homepage:
- Once you’ve logged in to your site, go to Events > Add New.
- Enter a title for the event.
- Use the content box to write information about the event.
- Scroll down to Event Details and fill in the start and end date and time of the event. (Make sure to add this information. If you don’t, the date of the event will be the day you publish the event.)
- If your event repeats on a regular schedule (for example, a monthly board meeting), enter the optional recurrence information.
- Optional: Add a featured image to your event page. This is the image at the top of the page, and it should have the dimensions 960 pixels wide by 250 pixels high. To add it, click Set featured image then Upload Files, upload an image, select it, then click Set featured image.
- Click the Publish button to add it.
Editing and Deleting Events
- Go to Events > All Events
- Hover over an event to see the Edit and Trash options