Adding to your Board of Directors list
You can add a member with just their name and position, or you can add a photo and bio for a more complete profile.
Note: You don’t actually add the information to the Board of Directors page itself. You add it by using the Staff posts.
- Once you’ve logged into your site, click on Staff in the menu on the left of the dashboard.
- Click Add New.
- In the Title field, enter the person’s name.
- If you want to add a bio (optional), enter the text in the main text area.
- Scroll down to the Theme Settings, and find Position. Put the person’s position in that field (for example, President).
- If you want to add a photo (optional), click Set Featured Image on the right hand side to upload an image. The image should be square and at least 200 pixels wide by 200 pixels high.
- Use the Order field on the right side to change the order of the members in the list.
- Finally, click the blue Publish button to make it live on the Board of Directors page.
- Refresh the Board of Directors page and you should see the new person at the bottom.
If your Board of Directors page is not already listed under the About menu
All Chapter websites should have a Board of Directors page, but some of them are set to Draft if they aren’t currently being used. If you want to add a Board of Directors page to your site, you can make the page live and then add it to your menu. The page is already set up to show the “Staff” names you added. The steps are below:
Publish the page
- Click Pages in the admin menu on the left of the dashboard.
- Hover over Board of Directors and click Quick Edit.
- Find the Status dropdown and change it from Draft to Published.
- Click the blue Update button on the right.
Add the page to your menu
See instructions for adding a page to the menu on the Menus and Navigation tutorial page.