You can use the blog features for Chapter news.
Adding a Post (appears on Latest News page and on bottom left of Homepage)
- Go to Blog Posts > Add New.
- Enter a post title.
- Enter the post content.
- Write a short excerpt (post summary).
- Choose the categories you want to add your post to (you can click Add New Category if necessary).
- Optionally enter some tags (keywords) for your post.
- Optionally click Set featured image then Upload Files, upload an image (auto-resized), select it, then click Set featured image.
Editing and Deleting Posts
- Go to Blog Posts > All Posts.
- Hover over a post to see the Edit and Trash options.
- If editing, make changes in editor window.
- Click Update.
Editing and Deleting Categories and Tags
- Go to Posts then Categories or Tags.
- Hover over an item to see the Edit and Delete options.
The following options exist in Appearance > Theme Options > Blog.
- Header Image – Choose to show the same header image that the page using the Blog template uses on single posts and category, tag, date archive, author and search pages.
- Page Title Formats – Customize the format of category, tag, date archive, author and search page titles.
Other blog settings are handled natively in the WordPress settings. Go to the WordPress Settings menu to change date formats, posts per page, permalink URL’s, comments, etc.
You can go to Appearance > Widgets and drag widgets into the Blog Sidebar.
You can show any widgets in a sidebar but there are several widgets especially useful for the blog sidebar. The Recent Posts (Enhanced) widget is also useful for showing new posts on the homepage.
- Search – Show a search form for searching posts.
- Categories (Enhanced) – For listing your blog categories.
- Tag Cloud – Standard WordPress widget that can list blog tags.
- Recent Posts (Enhanced) – Lists blog posts with options for author, date, excerpt and image.
- Recent Comments – Show recent comments made on posts.
- Archives – Lists monthly date archives.
- Calendar – Show a mini calendar for navigating to posts by day.
Read the Widgets guide for more information.
You can show an author box below each post and at the top of each author’s archive. The box shows the author’s name, Gravatar image and a short bio.
- Go to Users > All Users.
- Click to edit a user.
- Provide text in the Biographical Info field.
You can show an RSS icon in the header and footer that links to your blog feed. Go to Appearances > Theme Options > Header (or Footer) to configure this.