What We Do
Since 1995, Mothers Against Drunk Driving Quinte has implemented the national programs of Mothers Against Drunk Driving Canada in the Quinte area. These programs emphasize that it is never okay to drink and drive, and that you should never allow anyone you love to do so.
MADD Quinte programs include…
- Victim/Survivor Services
- Project Red Ribbon Campaign (November to January)
- Sponsoring RIDE Programs
- High School Displays
- Sponsoring Multi-Media Presentations
- School Presentations
- Service Club Presentations
- Work Place Presentations
What You Can Do
- Don’t drink and drive.
- If you or someone you love becomes the victim/survivor of an impaired driving crash, call MADD Canada Victim/Survivor Services at 1-800-665-MADD.
- Contact your local government representatives, showing your support to strengthen impaired driving laws and the victim’s rights.
- Tie a Red Ribbon on your vehicle.
- Open a dialogue with your children about drinking and driving and set a good example.
- Donate to MADD Quinte – the money stays 100% in your community and a charitable receipt will be issued.
- Be a responsible host – don’t let your guests drive after drinking alcohol, you are civilly responsible!
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD Canada) is a charitable, grassroots organization that is committed to stopping impaired driving and supporting the victims of this violent crime.
Each and every year, thousands of Canadians are killed or injured in impaired driving crashes. Driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs is a terrible crime that touches all our lives. It is an irresponsible, dangerous and intolerable act. MADD Canada strives to offers support services to victims/survivors, heighten awareness about the dangers of alcohol and/or drug-impaired driving, and to save lives and prevent injuries on our roads.
At the heart of MADD Canada are our volunteers; they include not only mothers, but fathers, friends, business professionals, experts in the anti-impaired driving field and concerned citizens who want to make a difference in the fight against impaired driving.
If you need help, or would like to join MADD Canada’s efforts, call our toll free line at 1-800-665-6233.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD Canada) is a Registered Canadian Charitable Organization (Reg. No. 13907 2060 RR0001) which is volunteer-driven. The organization has a National Board of Directors representing membership from all regions of Canada. MADD Canada’s National Office is located in Oakville, Ontario. The National Office can be reached at: 1-800-665-6233 (toll free).