MADD Edmonton & Area Awareness Campaigns
MADD Edmonton & Area is always developing different programs and packages to help in public awareness. The list of these programs and packages may change as we develop new ideas, so check on the list often.
- Designated driver packages
- Designated driver cards
- Contract for life
- Buddy card
- Group presentations
- Special event booths
For more details on this list, contact our office at (780) 488-6233 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Awareness Campaigns
Raising public awareness about the dangers of impaired driving is a critical strategy used to prevent more deaths and injuries from occurring.
MADD Canada’s national public awareness programs include:
- Campaign 911 – Campaign 911 educates and empowers the public about the right course of action to take if they see a driver they suspect is impaired.
- Project Red Ribbon – An annual campaign, beginning on November 1st, gives the opportunity for drivers to display a red ribbon on their vehicles in support of sober driving.
- Educational videos for schools and community groups.
- Public Service Announcements for radio, television, and print campaigns.
- Printed materials include booklets and brochures.
- MADD Matters – A national newsletter sent quarterly to victims/survivors, members, supporters, and community leaders to keep everyone informed about impaired driving issues and MADD Canada activities.
For more information, and to view certain publications, please visit MADD Canada.