About The Impaired Driving Problem in Canada
• Every year, hundreds of people are killed and tens of thousands are injured in crashes involving alcohol and/or drugs.
• These deaths and injuries are 100% preventable.
• Impaired driving is not an “accident” – someone makes a decision to get behind the wheel impaired.
• No one ever thinks impaired driving will affect them. But anytime someone gets behind the wheel impaired by alcohol and/or drugs, they put themselves, their passengers and everyone on the road with them at risk.
• We urge everyone to plan ahead for a sober ride home. It only takes a few minutes and it could save your live or the lives of others.
Call a cab, take public transit, arrange a designated driver or plan to stay over.
• Impaired driving is never worth the risk.