MADD Canada’s Fast Facts:
- MADD Canada’s mission: to stop impaired driving and to support victims of this violent crime.
- Over 100 Chapters and Community Leaders and 7,500 volunteers across Canada deliver our programs and services.
- Millions of red ribbons are distributed each year as part of MADD Canada’s longest running public awareness program, Project Red Ribbon.
- Over 400,000 pieces of mail sent each year to donors and supporters.
- 730,000 unique visits to our website annually, for a total of over 4,450,000 page views.
- Over 1 million students in Grades 7 to 12 see our School Assembly Program annually.
- Our work includes programs and services for victims, public awareness, legal research, Chapters and Community Leaders, youth and anti-impaired driving technology.
- On average, 4 Canadians are killed and 175 are injured every day in Canada.
- Approximately 65,000 Canadians are impacted by impaired drivers annually.
In Waterloo Region, we aim to reach as many high school students as possible through multi-media. We offer programs for victims’ services, public awareness, legal research, chapter services and youth services.
Fact is, WE have a long way to go to STOP impaired driving.
MADD Waterloo Region is 100% volunteer driven and depends on the kindness of the Waterloo Region community who donate their time and money to help keep our streets safe. We work with victims and their families and partner with the Waterloo Regional Police, Ontario Provincial Police – Cambridge Detachment and other community partners who together want to see the end to this violent crime.
For more information, see MADD Canada’s statistics.